Happy Friday friends!
Welcome to the last weekend in October! Time sure is a-flying!
If you are here for the first from the awesome blog hop, welcome! I’m so glad you decided to stop by! This is my third blog hop, and I have loved getting to read new blogs and get to know some new bloggers! You can read a little more about me in my previous hop posts here and here, or on my about me page! Thank you again Kristy at Runaway Bridal Planner for organizing such a great event!
I am heading to the pumpkin patch this morning now the the weather has cooled down a bit. And by that I mean, the high has only been in the mid 80s vs 90-100+ degrees!
Speaking of pumpkin, I have an abundance of it right now! I apparently had several cans of it in my pantry from a few weeks ago that I forgot about and grabbed a few more on sale last week. With so much pumpkin it gave me a great opportunity to work on my pumpkin protein brownie bar recipe. I’m not really sure if I would call them a brownie exactly, they are almost a mix between cake and a pie. So I settled on brownie🙂
This week I had plenty of extra pumpkin to work with for our Foodie Friday theme!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Protein Bar
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 scoops unflavored collagen peptides
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 -1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 can Organic pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Enjoy life dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil for greasing baking dish or parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven to 375*
- Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla till fully blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently mix until just blended.
- Add in most of the chocolate chips, gently fold into the batter.
- Scoop batter into greased pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean from the center of the brownie bar
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
Thanks again for stopping by! Join us again next week for some Healthifying A Favorite Sweet themed recipes!
May you be filled with joy and health!