I am happy to share to yummy dessert recipes that are mostly healthy!
Last week I sent my great Foodie Pen Pal a wonderful recipe that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!! So I am pleased to share it with you all 🙂
Some of you might have seen it before floating around on my FB page or my old blog. If you are new to this recipe, then YAY! If you get a chance to make it, I would LOVE to hear what you think. I can not take any credit for this recipe at all. I found it on Delighted Momma’s blog! Welcome to the amazing world of ZUCCHINI BROWNIES!
What you will need:
- 1 cup of almond butter.
- 1 1/2 cup of grated or chopped zucchini. I cut 1 into a few pieces then stick it in my food processor till the pieces are small!
- 1/3 cup of raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips. I used dark chocolate chips!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix everything together.
- Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
They are SO delish! In my opinion they are the BEST brownies I have ever made, and I have made a LOT of brownies in my day 🙂
The next recipe I have been working on this week is a healthier version of ‘ice cream’ 🙂
I love real ice cream, but I really can’t eat it every day like I would love to sometimes.
I have been seeing other foodie friends posting about using frozen bananas to make ‘ice cream’ and I finally remembered this week to actually freeze some bananas!
I played around with the bananas and some other ingredients, and I think I found a pretty good recipe. Next week, I am going to try adding some other fruits and see what I can come up with 🙂
Clean ‘Ice Cream’
~ 1 frozen banana (I peel several at a time and freeze them at least 12 hours before making)
~ 3 TBS Organic Raw Cacao Powder
~ ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
~ 1 TBS Raw almond butter
1. Place the frozen banana in a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds. (A blender could work as well.)
2. Add the Cacao powder and blend for 10 seconds.
3. Add the milk and blend for 10 seconds.
4. Add the almond butter and blend till everything is mixed together.
5. If it is too think for you, add a little more milk. If it is too thin, add more banana or peanut butter.
6. Enjoy 🙂
I also put my ice cream back in the freezer for about 15 min to make it a little more firm 🙂
Just a few pics of some of the ingredients I experimented with 🙂
This was my FAV recipe so far 🙂