I have seen a lot of really cute posts over the past few weeks especially about ‘five things.’ This week I decided to play along! I am at the gym a few times a week, and I do outside workouts a few times as well. For all my workouts I pretty much have the same essentials!
1. Running shoes – Feet are unique. One of the few brands that actually work with my feet are New Balance. I have been running/working out in this style for the last 14 months and they have been great! And of course I am sporting my Sweat Pink shoelaces 🙂
2. Heart Rate Monitor – I have been a faithful HRM wearer since 2004! Wow, that is 10 years 🙂
This is the one I have now. I have been through a few over the years but I really do like the Polar ones.
3. Energy Bits – These little tablets have made workouts and runs so much better! I am still amazed at how they give me so much energy, keep me alert, focused and on track. Since I started using bits back in January, I can see a huge difference when I forget to take them or if I run out. Thankfully this little tin is a convenient way to grab what I need and have my energy source ready for me to use.
If you have never tried bits, or would like to place an order, you can go to http://www.energybits.com/ and use code RUNCHOCOLATE for 25% off any order! (Ps, a giveaway is coming soon…so stay tuned)
4. Injijni – A few years ago I tried the Vibram 5 finger shoes for a bit. Although they are not a shoe I wear often, they did lead me to my all-time FAVORITE sock! They might look a little strange, but to me they are so comfy and since I began wearing them back in 2010, I have not had ANY blisters! That is coming from the girl who had them ALL the time, even from small races!
5. Headbands – Since I discovered cloth headbands a few years ago there has
hardly not been a day that I did not have one at at some point! I LOVE headbands! I have a few brands that work well with my head and the different activities I do. From work, to the gym, to running around town to dressing up, I am a headband girl!
My fav brands are Bondi Band, BAMR Bands, Sparkly soul Inc, and MyBand headbands.
A mix of my headbands and hair ties…I know I have more than are probably scattered around my house 😉
A few of my FAV Bondi Bands!
There you have it!
What are 5 of your favorite things in your gym bag?
Do we have any of the same items?
-Chocolate Runner Girl-