It has been a while since I have posted a fitness update. So here are a few things I have been up to lately!
1. Running – This is always one way I exercise. It has been a little more hit and miss since summer started, but I have been working on getting back to it more regularly. The last few runs I have been working on my speed. I literally feel like I am going to pass out when I am finished, but I would say it is slowly paying off.
I also recently finished my 16th race of 2014! I need to get my calendar back out and solidify a few more races this summer and my races for the fall! I really want to get all 33 races in this year!
2. Weights – I am still taking my Body Pump classes, and trying to get in at least 2Xs a week. Life has been more nutty than usual, so I have not been able to make Body Pump as often as I would like. So I have returned to the weight floor at the gym! It feels a little weird going back out there. I haven’t been consistently on the weight floor in close to 2 years!!! It has been fun to get back out there, and to lift some heavy weights! I am stronger in many of my muscle groups, and that has been really fun to see! My shoulders have always been a weak point of mine, and I have noticed a lot more strength and definition in them!
3. Swimming – I have had the awesome privilege of taking many of the kids I nanny and babysit for swimming this summer! (After I got over myself and sucked it up to get a new swim suite….)
So 2-3 days a week I am swimming with kiddos. It has been a lot of fun, and I know I am getting a different kind of workout than I am used to! Haha
4. Piyo – If you have never heard of Piyo, it is a workout that is a mix of yoga and pilates, but at a much faster pace! And it ROCKS!! Oh my word it works ya hard! You can see a little preview here! My gym lost our old instructor just as I was able to be more consistent with going. They got a few new instructors, and added more classes as well! So I have been going 2 times a week for the past 5 weeks or so, and it has been awesome!!! I am stronger, more flexible, and doing yoga moves that I never thought were possible for me!
We started a new release this week and it is literally kicking my booty!! I highly recommend Piyo if you are looking for a new challenging workout that hits ya head to toe with cardio included!
5. July Challenge – I was invited to join a July fitness challenge run by a lady who lives in my area! OH MY WORD!!! Each day it is something new, and we each get points based on speed, reps and completion! Here are a few of the challenges:
At the end of each session I pretty much look like this! And I just want to lay on the floor!
If you have Facebook and want in on the rest of the months challenges, let me know!!!
What have you been up to with your summer fitness routines? Changing it up? Fill me in!
-Chocolate Runner Girl-