Hello all and welcome to the FIRST (of many) Foodie Friday Link-ups! I am joined by Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama! Today’s theme is the Perfect Picnic!!
Check out all these awesome recipes in the link up, and feel free to add any additional recipes you have!!
I love picnics! In the past week I have been on a few picnics with the twins I nanny! They have been really fun and full of adventures! I decided that I wanted to take a twist on some picnics that I used to have as a child with my family. The typical picnic was fried chicken, some sort of potato salad, fruit, and store bought cookies!
Well, I was inspired by the new Spicy Paleo Cookbook I won recently! So here is my grow-up version of a perfect picnic!
Coconut Chicken with Mango Salsa!
2 chicken breasts
4 tablespoons coconut flour
pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
4 TBS coconut oil
1. Slice chicken into strips
2. Mix flour and spices in a bowl
3. Beat 2 eggs in another bowl
4. Fill the third bowl with unsweetened coconut
5. Dip each tender in the flour mixture, then the egg and finally the coconut. Place on a clean plate
6. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add each chicken tender. Cook about 5 minutes on each side. Place on a paper towel.
7. Enjoy with mango salsa
Salsa (can be made ahead of time)
1 Red pepper
1 Small jalapeno pepper
1/3 cup honey
1 lime, juiced
Zesty Carrot Dip with Raw Veggies
Carrot Dip (can be made ahead of time)
1 lb of carrots, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
2 cloves of garlic
1 whole lemon, juiced
1 tsp hot chili power
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
Pinch of salt and pepper
2 TBS olive oil
1. Place chopped carrots in a saucepan covered with water. Bring water to a boil and cook for 15-20 min, or until the carrots are soft. Drain the carrots and allow them to cool slightly
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor, blend
3. Chill and serve with raw veggies
1 small bag carrots, washed
1/2 head of cauliflower, washed and chopped
1/2 head of broccoli, washed and chopped
1 small watermelon
This recipe I found on the Delighted Momma, and they have not failed me yet!
1 cup of almond butter
1 1/2 cup of grated or chopped zucchini
1/3 cup of honey
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix everything together.
3. Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan.
4. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Come follow these amazing ladies!
Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Annmarie | blog | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest | bloglovin‘
Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
What is your favorite picnic food?
-Chocolate Runner Girl-