It is another Foodie Friday and time to link up with my girls Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama! Today’s theme is the Chicken Dinner!!
I cook a lot of chicken in my house. I have personally never been a huge fan of beef (actually made my FIRST ever beef stew this past week), and I am learning to love seafood. So chicken (and turkey) has been my source of meat for many years!
I decided to try a new recipe for this week, and I have to say I was a little nervous about it!
I picked up a few new supplies at World Market and pulled a few other things I had in my fridge.
4 TBS coconut oil
2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package Pad Thai noodles
1 bottle Peanut/coconut sauce (You can also use plain pad Thai sauce)
1. Boil water for Thai noodles.
2. Cut chicken into bite size chunks, place in a bowl and cover with 1/2 the coconut/peanut sauce.
3. Spiralize the zucchini! (If you do not have a spiralizer, you can chop the zucchini or use any other vegetable.
4. The water should be boiling at this time. Place the noodles in the water and boil for 2 minutes!
Drain and set aside.
5. Heat 2 TBS of coconut oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken/sauce mixture. Let the chicken for 2-3 min then add the zucchini. Saute for 5-7 more min until
the chicken is cooked.
6. Heat the remaining 2 TBS of coconut oil in a separate frying pan. Add the drained noodles. Saute and add the remaining peanut sauce or pad Thai sauce.
Don’t forget to check out all the amazing chicken dinner recipes!!
Come follow these amazing ladies!
Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Annmarie | blog | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest | bloglovin‘
Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Also, add in YOUR fav chicken dinner recipe to the link-up!
What is your favorite way to eat chicken?
-Chocolate Runner Girl-
Sometimes I get in a rut with my cooking and just don’t know what to do next! This past weekend I got a ton of zucchini from the Farmer’s Market!
So what to do. Well I saw a few different places (really can’t find the sources, but know I did not create this idea) some zucchini pizzas and figured this was the perfect time to try!
So here is my version of Zucchini Pizza
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheese
toppings of choice (I used spinach and red, yellow & orange peppers)
1.Pre-heat oven to 425.
2. Wash zucchinis and slice them. I tried slicing them into circles and strips. You choice!
3. Place on a baking sheet that is covered with foil.
4. Cover each piece of zucchini with about 1-2 TBS of sauce (more for the strips).
5. Add additional toppings if desired. Top with cheese.
6. Bake for about 15-20 min. Add a few min under the broiler if you want additional toasty pizzas!
Last week the amazing Energy Bits chat was lead by Health Warrior and there was talk about the benefits of Chia seeds and the great products that Health Warrior makes (more on some products soon!!!)
During the chat, Chris from I’d Rather Be Sweating, posted a great recipe for energy balls! I was so stoked that I bought the supplies that I did not have at home and I made some the other night! I took Chris’ recipe and made some tweaks for myself! I have no doubt the recipe she has is simply amazing!
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 -3/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup flax seeds
3/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 min.
2. Remove from refrigerator and form mixture into balls. Place in a container with a lid.
3. Store them in the refrigerator. If you are anything like me, they will not last long! I need to make a double batch this weekend!!