Sometimes I get in a rut with my cooking and just don’t know what to do next! This past weekend I got a ton of zucchini from the Farmer’s Market!
So what to do. Well I saw a few different places (really can’t find the sources, but know I did not create this idea) some zucchini pizzas and figured this was the perfect time to try!
So here is my version of Zucchini Pizza
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheese
toppings of choice (I used spinach and red, yellow & orange peppers)
1.Pre-heat oven to 425.
2. Wash zucchinis and slice them. I tried slicing them into circles and strips. You choice!
3. Place on a baking sheet that is covered with foil.
4. Cover each piece of zucchini with about 1-2 TBS of sauce (more for the strips).
5. Add additional toppings if desired. Top with cheese.
6. Bake for about 15-20 min. Add a few min under the broiler if you want additional toasty pizzas!
Last week the amazing Energy Bits chat was lead by Health Warrior and there was talk about the benefits of Chia seeds and the great products that Health Warrior makes (more on some products soon!!!)
During the chat, Chris from I’d Rather Be Sweating, posted a great recipe for energy balls! I was so stoked that I bought the supplies that I did not have at home and I made some the other night! I took Chris’ recipe and made some tweaks for myself! I have no doubt the recipe she has is simply amazing!
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 min.
2. Remove from refrigerator and form mixture into balls. Place in a container with a lid.
3. Store them in the refrigerator. If you are anything like me, they will not last long! I need to make a double batch this weekend!!