Before I start I want to give a BIG happy birthday wish to miss Montana!!! She has been a rock star with all the Foodie Friday posts! Hope your day is great and filled with much love, laughter and yummy treats!
It is another Foodie Friday and time to link up with my girls Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama! Today’s theme is the Dessert Heaven!! If you want to see any of the last posts you can check them out here: chicken dinner, smoothies, & perfect picnic.
My go to healthy desserts lately have been zucchini brownies and energy balls! They are more like little snacks, filled with nutrition!
Another recipe that I have been making this summer I feel has reached as close to perfection as it is going to get! It is scrumptious and it is healthy dessert.
This recipe was adapted from a recipe I found a few years ago from Simply Recipes.
It is probably not typically a dessert type food, but with all the added sweetness from the blueberries, it does taste like a dessert! (Don’t get me wrong, I love my chocolate desserts, but I wanted to make something a little healthier this time around!)
- 3-4 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup coconut sugar (can use granulated also)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten free (or regular) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rinsed blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and butter (or coconut oil) 2 muffin tins
2. In a mixing bowl, smash the ripe bananas with a fork until mostly smooth with a few small chunks.
3. Stir the butter into the bananas.
4. Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
5. Mix in the baking soda and 1tsp cinnamon.
6. Gently mix in the flour till batter still has a few chunks.
7. Gently fold the blueberries into the mix, make sure to not over mix.
8. Spoon the batter into your muffin tins, about 1/3 for each muffin. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon on top of each muffin.
9. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 min until a toothpick comes out clean.
Make sure you check out the other amazing recipes from my girls!
Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Annmarie | blog | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest | bloglovin‘
Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
What dessert recipes do you enjoy?
Add them to our link up!!
Chocolate Runner Girl