It is another Foodie Friday and time to link up with my girls: Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and today we are adding Cassandra from Powered by BLING to the link up! Welcome Cassandra!!! Today’s theme is the Football Foods!! If you want to see any of the last posts you can check them out here: chicken dinner, smoothies, perfect picnic & dessert heaven.
When I think about football, I think about fall. Even though fall here in Texas is not like fall up north, I still like to pull out some warm foods that make my heart smile. One of my favorites is Turkey Chili!
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 lb ground turkey
2 (16 oz) cans of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 (16 oz) can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 (28 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes
2 cups of water
1/2 teaspoon of each spice: paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, salt and black pepper.
Cornbread (I typically use this basic recipe from All Recipes, but I add my own twist)
1 cup gluten free flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain greek yogurt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2-1 cup dried cranberries
1. Place oil in a frying pan and add the minced garlic and the turkey. Cook till the turkey is browned, breaking into small pieces as it cooks.
2. Place the cooked turkey along with the beans, tomatoes, water and all spices in a large crock pot. Stir all the ingredients together.
3. Turn the crock pot on med heat for 6-8 hours.
(Having some technical issues so this photo is not mine, Source)
About 1 hour before your meal prepare the cornbread
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Grease and 8 x 8 pan.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Gently add in the yogurt and eggs. When the batter still has some wet and dry ingredients to mix together, add in the cranberries. Keep in mind the batter should still have some lumps and make sure you don’t over mix.
4. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 20-25 min.
Having some technical issues so this photo is not mine, Source)
Enjoy the sweet and tangy mixture of the chili and the cranberry cornbread!
I found this really awesome dessert that I want to try when we have a football party! Thank you Pinterest!!
The amazing recipe that I did NOT create can be found HERE!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful football food for this long weekend! GO Vikings!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
What types of food do you enjoy eating? And who is YOUR team?
-Chocolate Runner Girl-