I am back linking up for Five Things Friday with Courtney (Eat, Pray, Run DC), Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run for some Race Rituals that I have.
Race Day Rituals
1. Prepare everything I can the night before. Lay out my clothes, shoes, gadgets, fill my water bottles, prep my Energybits in my travel containers, pack some snack food.
2. Might sound weird, but I like to take a shower before I race. It helps my hair stay in place so I don’t have to fuss with it while I run. I also eat a banana before I race.
3. I use the bathroom (or port-a-john) as close to race time as possible!
4. The first song in my playlist is from Rocky! Gets me in the mood and sets my pace.
5. No matter how tired I am, I always finish strong! (Thank you speed workouts!)
When it is all said and done, I remember to be thankful for the chance to run and race!
Do you do anything special on race day?
-Chocolate Runner Girl-