Happy Friday! Something about a holiday during the week seems to throw everything off. Anyone else feel this? All week I could not remember what day it was. Yesterday I was able to pull it together and remember since it was garbage day!
Anyways, on to a more exciting topic, FOOD! I am linking up again with my girls: Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to the link up! Today’s theme is the Breakfast Makeovers!! If you want to see any of the last posts you can check them out here: chicken dinner, smoothies, perfect picnic, dessert heaven, and Football Foods.
Ever since I was a child I have loved eggs. I have tried all different types of eggs, and one of my most favorite ways to have eggs are in an omelette. However, as a child I was not super healthy in the choices I put in my omelettes. Today I will share a new recipe that I have been making on and off for the past 2 years. It is simple, delicious, and can be tailored for any palate!
Mini Egg Muffins
1. 4 eggs
2. 2 TBS coconut oil (1 for cooking, 1 for greasing)
3. 2 cups spinach
4. 1 small can green chilies
5. 1 cup broccoli slaw
6. 1 chopped red pepper
7. 10 cherry tomatoes sliced into quadrants
8. 3-4 slices of turkey bacon (nitrate and nitrite free), chopped into small peices
9. 1/2 cup grated cheese (I use Gouda goat cheese)
10. 1/3 cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk
11. Spices of choice. I used 1 tsp of my EGG spice mixture.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil.
2. Saute all veggies/meats in 1 TBS coconut oil for about 10 min.
3. scoop about 1/3 cup of mixture into each muffin tin.
4. Place a small sprinkle of cheese on top each veggie/meat scoop.
5. Wisk together eggs, milk and spices. Scoop a little less than 1/4 c into each muffin cup.
6. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 min depending on your oven.
The beauty of these little muffins is that you can add whatever ingredients float your boat! They can also be reheated pretty easily for a breakfast on the go!
Come follow along with all these amazing ladies and check our their fabulous recipes!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Do you have a favorite yummy breakfast you make? Add your recipe to the link-up!!
Have a happy and healthy day!
-Chocolate Runner Girl-