Happy Happy Friday!! I am linking up again with my girls: Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING!! Today’s theme is Vegetarian Meals!! If you want to see any of the last posts you can check them out here: chicken dinner, smoothies, perfect picnic, dessert heaven, Football Foods, and Breakfast Makeover.
Something not many people know about me is that I was vegetarian for many years. I have never personally been a huge fan of meat. I have added chicken/turkey and some fish back in in the past few years. But today we focus on me previous lifestyle! I still enjoy cooking vegetarian, and here is a recipe that I have been really enjoying this summer!
Spicy Spaghetti Squash
1 whole spaghetti squash
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 red pepper
1 TBS organic coconut oil
1 10oz can rotel with chilies
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
2. Slice squash lengthwise, scoop out the insides.
3. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil on each half and sprinkle salt and pepper on each half.
4. Place face down on a shallow baking sheet covered in foil.
5. Bake for 30-40 min until soft when pierced with a fork. (The squash can be made ahead of time).
6. Chop the red pepper into small pieces. Saute in the coconut oil.
7. Add the can of rotel to the red pepper, saute for 3-5 more min.
8. Once the squash is finished cooking, let them cool for 5-10 min. The scoop out each half with a fork. The squash will be stringy like common spaghetti.
9. Add the squash to the peppers and the rotel and saute for an additional 3-5 min.
Come follow along with all these amazing ladies and check our their fabulous recipes!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Add your favorite vegetarian recipe in the link-up!