Hello and happy happy Friday!! I am linking up again with my girls: Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING!! Today’s theme is Celebrate your Heritage!! If you want to see any of the last posts you can check them out here: chicken dinner, smoothies, perfect picnic, dessert heaven, football foods, breakfast makeover, vegetarian, and quick & easy.
I come from a mixed mesh heritage like many people I know! Recently my uncle sent me a family tree from my mom’s side of the family! It was really cool to see all the different places my family has come from, and to see the family names and some well-known people in my family tree 🙂 I learned that a lot of my family from many generations back, lived in France and Belgium. It is really neat to see all the people who left a legacy in my family tree!
Since I am mostly German, I decided to make a very common German food. Pfannkuchen! It is basically like a crepe and can be used as more of a meal or a dessert depending on what you stuff it with 🙂 I did tweak the recipe so it was grain/dairy free.
1 cup flour (I used almond flour)
1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 tsp vanilla
Smidgen of salt
I added cinnamon also even though it is not in the original recipe.
1. Wisk all the ingredients together in a bowl
2. Pour 1/3 cup on a hot griddle, spread out thin, sprinkle with cinnamon if desired
3. Cook to lightly brown and turn over
4. Serve with your choice of filing (jam, berries, powdered sugar, cream cheese, meat, etc). I used strawberries!
Side note: I ended up using about 1 1/4 c milk to make the batter less thick.
Take a look at all the amazing ladies sites and check out their recipes!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
What is your family heritage? Any recipes that you want to share?
-Chocolate Runner Girl-