Hello and happy happy Friday!! I am linking up again with my girls: Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING!! Today’s theme is Sunday Dinners!!
Growing up my mom usually made some sort of Sunday dinner for us. Most of the time it was a concoction of left-overs. When I ventured out on my own when I was 18 I carried that tradition on most Sundays! After I got married I decided that I wanted to change that and start making a dinner for The Hubs and I. It happens a few times a month, but I really enjoy the time I get to spend cooking! Lately I have been on an easy peasy cooking that doesn’t take a lot of time.
16 oz ground turkey
2-4 Peppers (I use red or yellow)
1 cup tomato sauce
(Optional- 1/4 cup cheese)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425*
2. Slice off the top of each pepper and clean each one out.
3. Brown turkey in a pan with desired spices.
4. Add sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Fill each pepper with the meat/sauce mixture
6. Place each pepper in a baking dish
7. Sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper (Optional)
8. Bake for 40-45 min