It has been a pretty crazy few weeks, and the last 10 days especially have been non-stop. Between traveling, work, a conference, races and training, life has been pretty nutty. When life gets like this, I love to make a few soups that I can freeze and just whip out to heat up for dinner! Add a salad on the side and it is a perfect dinner during crazy times during this cooler fall weather!
I am linking up again with my girls: Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to the link up! Today’s theme is the Scrumptious Soups!!
Potato & Squash Soup
3 yellow summer squash (about 1 3/4 lb.)
1 lb. peeled potatoes (red are my favorite ones to use)
4 c. chicken broth
3 tbsp coconut oil
Spices to taste (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, paprika)
1. Chop squash and peeled potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Saute in the coconut oil for 10 min.
2. Place the potatoes and squash in a stock pot. Cover with the chicken broth.
3. Bring all ingredients to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
4. Add in spices and remove from the heat.
5. Let soup cool a bit then puree the soup in a blender or food processor until everything is smooth.
6. Return the soup to the pot and add additional spices if needed.
7. Enjoy with a yummy side or all by itself!
We enjoyed it with some cheddar/garlic biscuits and croutons!
Come follow along with all these amazing ladies and check our their fabulous recipes!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Do you have a favorite scrumptious soup you make? Add your recipe to the link-up!!