Hello and happy happy Friday!! I am linking up again with my girls: Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING!! Today’s theme is Healthy Halloween Treats!!
Well, I am not really much of a Halloween person. We never really participated growing up, and the one time I remember trick-or-treating, it was a let down at the end of the night.
Anyways, I DO love the fall, and this week I found some cute snacks to make with the twins that I thought were cute!
1. Mix apple juice and water
2. Pour into ice cube trays
3. Add fake spiders or rings
4. Freeze overnight
1. Cut pineapple and oranges into small peices
2. Place a layer of pineapple in the bottom of a clear cup, about 1/3 cup.
3. Place a layer of orange on top of the pineapple, about 1/3 cup.
4. squirt a small layer of whipped cream on top
5. Add a piece of candy corn on top
(If pre-making these, save the whipped cream and candy corn till it is time to eat them)
Almond butter (you can really use any type of nut butter, or sun butter)
1. Slice apples into 10-12 wedges
2. Cover the top of each apple with almond butter
3. Place 4-6 marshmallows on half of the apple wedges ( kids LOVE this part)
4. Add the other apple wedges on top of the marshmallows, almond butter side down
Munch, munch, munch
1. Place a layer of parchment paper on a cookie sheet
2. Lay 8 pretzels in a star-burst shape on the parchment paper (8 for each web)
3. Heat about 1/2 chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish for 35-45 seconds till melted and smooth.
4. Clip a small corner of a sandwich bag and fill with the melted chocolate.
5. Drizzle the chocolate in a swirl starting from the center and working your way towards the outer edge of the pretzel circle. Place candy eyes in the middle if you desire.
6. Place pan in the fridge or freezer until eating time.
Take a look at all the amazing ladies sites and check out their recipes!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’Feel free to add any of your own healthy treats to the linkup!!
Have a safe and healthy night!
-Chocolate Runner Girl-