So last week my foodie Friday team all posted about their Thanksgiving tradition foods! I wrote a post and I never published it! OOPS! Let’s blame my lack of sleep a cold on this one! Apparently the ‘save draft’ and ‘publish’ buttons so different things!
So here is my quick Thanksgiving tradition recipe before I move onto this weeks category!
Pumpkin Bread French Toast
1. Pumpkin bread (If you are being adventitious and have time, make THIS bread! Otherwise, a mix from the store will do. Follow the directions and make the bread 12+ hours beforehand).
2. 2 eggs
3. 1/2 cup milk
5. Vanilla extract
1. Slice cooked and cooled pumpkin bread into 1 inch slices.
2. Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon together.
3. Pour liquid into a baking sheet. Place each slice of bead in the liquid mixture. Let soak 1-2 min and flip. Repeat soaking on other side.
4. On pre-heated skillet, place the slices of bread. Cook until bottom is crisp, 2-4 min, then flip the bread. Repeat.
5. Enjoy with some fruit, a side of turkey bacon or some eggs (Or all of the above!)
Ok, and now onto this weeks topic!!! I am teaming up again with my girls Farrah from Fairyburger, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING!! Today’s theme is PIZZA!
I have been experimenting the last few months with making gluten free pizza. I have tried many different mixes for the dough, and in the end I found one that tastes pretty good, and when I get it on sale, is nice to the wallet too. I love me some pizza with lots of veggies on it too!
1-2 gluten free pizza crusts
1/3 cup tomato sauce mixed with spices of choice! You can look here for my sauce spice mix!
1 red (or yellow or both) pepper, chopped and sauted
1 cup spinach chopped and sauted
1/2 cup goat cheese, shredded
1. Pre-heat oven to 350*
2. Place crust on a pizza cooking pan
3. Spread sauce on crust leaving a small space between the edge of the sauce and the edge of the crust.
4. Lay down a layer of cooked spinach on the sauce.
5. Spread the goat cheese on top of the spinach, covering it all.
6. Add the peppers on top of the cheese.
7. Bake for 10-15 min or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
Go check out the other awesome recipes from the girls!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
What are YOU favorite pizza toppings??
Feel free to add your own pizza recipe to our link-up!