Happy Friday! I have to say I am extra thrilled it is Friday today! Not only do I get to share a fun recipe with you, but tonight is date night with The Hubs! Our schedules have been a little nutty lately, and we have been like ships passing in the night, so we are STOKED we both have Friday night off work! We are heading to a movie later, and I think we know what we are going to see, but have you seen anything good lately? Need some recommendations!
I am linking up once again with my Favorite Foodie Friday ladies, Farrah from Fairyburger, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING! Today our theme is Healthy Pies!
When I think of pie, healthy is not the first word that comes to mind. So as I was thinking about how I wanted to change a pie recipe, I kept thinking about some of my favorite healthy snacks, almonds and dark chocolate! I became inspired by THIS recipe from the Pioneer Woman and adapted it!
Chocolate Almond Butter Pie (Gluten Free)
1. 1 Gluten free pre-made chocolate crust
2. 1 cup chocolate almond butter (I made mine, recipe soon, but my fav from the store is Justin’s)
3. One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
4. 3/4 cups powdered sugar
5. One 8-ounce package truwhip, thawed
1. Mix the almond butter and softened cream cheese together till smooth.
2. Add in the powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
4. Pour into the pie crust and smooth it with a knife or spatula, then cover it.
5. Chill. You can chill in the fridge for an hour or more, or for a quick freeze place it in the freezer for 20-25 min.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful healthy pies!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Add YOUR own pie recipe to the link up! ( Also fee free to use the logo above on your blog!)