Happy Friday, and welcome once again to Foodie Friday!! I am once again am linking up once again with my Favorite Foodie Friday ladies, Farrah from Fairyburger, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING! Today our theme is Healthy Snacks!
If you are anything like me, you are always on the go! This week was even more nutty than normal! Along with my normal work schedule, I had some extra tutoring sessions, date night at the Rockets game, a massage and some errands! Each day was different and on-the-go more than usual, so I had to plan my meals a little more than carefully. That also meant planning some snacks to bring along! I love to have healthy snacks ready to go at a moments notice! Usually they involve nuts, fruit, chopped veggies or a protein bar (like Luna, KIND, or Larabars). I wanted to branch out a little and my recipe from last week (Chocolate Almond Butter Pie) inspired me!
Chocolate Almond butter
1. 2 cups raw almonds
2. 1/2-3/4 c organic coconut oil
3. 1/4 c Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life semi sweet mini chips)
*This works best in a food processor, but a high quality blender would also work!*
1. Place the almonds in the food processor, place on high speed 1-2 minutes
2. Add the coconut oil, about 1/4c at a time till it is the desired consistency. Blend on high speed for another 2-3 minutes
3. Add in chocolate chips. Almond butter should be warm and chocolate chips will melt easily. Pulse on high speed until all chips are mixed in.
4. Place in an airtight storage container.
*You can keep in the refrigerator, but it is not necessary. It will make the almond butter more firm.*
I LOVE to eat mine with fruit. Apples, pears and bananas are my favorite!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful healthy snacks!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Add YOUR own snack recipe to the link up! ( Also fee free to use the logo above on your blog!)