Happy Valentine’s Day weekend! I love when a holiday, no matter what it is, is on a Saturday!! It makes the entire weekend seem special!
Foodie Friday AND a holiday together make it even more special!
When I think of Valentine’s Day, I think of chocolate! I mean, what else would I think of as the Chocolate Runner girl?!? Ha!! I especially think of Reeses peanut butter cups! Something about peanut butter and chocolate together just make me happy! And the pretty little wrappers made me happy too 🙂
As I have worked on eating less food that is processed, I have tried to use different whole foods to satisfy my sweet tooth!
Today I am linking up once again with my Favorite Foodie Friday ladies, Farrah from Fairyburger, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING! Today our theme is a Valentine’s Treat!
Almond Chocolate Cup
1. I cup of my homemade almond butter (minus the chocolate, but I am sure it would be great with the chocolate too!) You can also use a store bought almond butter, but make sure it is super smooth.
2. 3/4 cup chocolate chips, melted with 1TBS coconut oil.
3. Mini wrappers
1. Make almond butter, or smooth out store bought variety.
2. Place mini wrappers in mini muffin tin.
3. Pour about 1/2 TBS of almond mixture into each wrapper.
4. Pour about 1/2 TBS of melted chocolate chips on top of the almond mixture.
5. Place tin in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes, or until treats are hardened.
6. Enjoy 🙂
Tip: Store them in the freezer in an airtight container.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful Valentine’s snacks!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Add YOUR own recipe to the link up! ( Also fee free to use the logo above on your blog!)