Happy Friday my lovely friends! How is it already the first Friday in March?!? This year is FLYING by! Today I am linking up once again with my Favorite Foodie Friday ladies, Farrah from Fairyburger, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING! Today our theme is a 5 Ingredients or Less!
Most of what I cook is pretty simple. Honestly, if the list of ingredients is super long or it involves a ton of steps, I am much less likely to try that recipe. Mostly because my time is usually pretty limited when it comes to cooking, and my kitchen is tiny!
When I was thinking of what to share for this week I was thinking in terms of simplicity. And then it hit me that I have never actually made one of my most favorite foods, hummus!
I think I have been scared that it would be too complicated or that it would not turn out well. I am glad I was wrong about both my fears!
Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Hummus
1. 2 Cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained (but keep ‘juice’)
2. 1 Roasted red pepper
3. 3 tsp olive oil
4. 1 drop Young Living lemon essential oil (you can also use 1/2 tsp lemon juice
5. Spices to taste (this makes a few more than 5, but at least it is all in 1 category! Ha
I used Himalayan salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, & pepper flakes.
1. Place chickpeas into a food processor or high quality mixer, blend well.
2. Add about 1/4-1/2 cup of the chickpea juice until it is a smooth consistency.
3. Add in the roasted red pepper and the olive oil. Blend well.
4. Add in lemon oil and spices to taste.
5. Store in the refrigerator.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful simple ingredient recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Stay tuned next week for a Free for All!