How is it already Friday? I feel like it WAS just Friday! I guess that is what a super busy week does to ya. And March, the end of March is here!!! Um, HOW is that possible?!? The year is FLYING BY! Anyone else feel that way??
Anywhoo, it is Foodie Friday again! This week we had the challenge of making something we have always been afraid of making! I have to say that I am really glad we had this theme, and it worked out pretty well! As always, I am linking up with Farrah from Fairyburger, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING!
Over the years I have not had a lot of fears in the kitchen other than ideas turning into a bog flop! 99% of the time things seem to turn out pretty well. Only 1 time since I have known my husband (6 years) has he told me he didn’t like what I made. It was so bad that neither of us remember what it was!!! Ha
When I was younger we made waffles a lot on the weekends. Pretty simple food. I remember my mom trying to add different ingredients to make the waffles special for us. One time she chopped up ham and put it in the batter. I did not think I was going to like it, but we all loved it! I think I have tried it a few times over the years but it never seemed to have the same affect on my taste buds. Maybe cause I was a child and it was a special way my mom cooked for me, or maybe cause we didn’t eat ham too often.
When I read this theme a few weeks ago the first thing that popped into my mind were my mom’s waffles and I wondered how I could make them with some of the healthier ingredients I use today. I toyed around with a few ideas and then one just seemed to stick. I was going to try to make these into waffles, however, the last time I attempted to put blueberries in the waffle maker I was cleaning blueberry explosion off my kitchen cabinets for a few weeks!
So enter muffins! I still have a slight fear that ideas I put together in my head will turn out awful. Thankfully this recipe was approved by the Hubs 100%!
Breakfast in a Bite
3 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/2- 3/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose gluten free flour
2-3 slices of turkey bacon and/or turkey sausage, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup blueberries, washed and dried
1/2 chocolate chips (I prefer Enjoy Life. I used the chunks this time around)
1.Pre-heat oven to 350* Pre-cook meat
2. Mash bananas. Add melted butter. Mix well.
3. Add sugar and eggs. Mix well.
4. Add vanilla and baking soda. Mix well.
5. Slowly add the flour. Mix till almost all mixed in.
6. Divide the batter into 2 bowls. Add in the berries and meat to one. Mix lightly. Add the chocolate chips to the other. Mix lightly.
7. Butter a muffin tin. Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 c batter. Makes about 6 of each type of muffin.
8. Bake for 15-20 min. Enjoy 🙂
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Add YOUR own recipe to the link up! ( Also fee free to use the logo above on your blog!)
Tune in next week for recipes that remind us of Spring!!
Also, make sure you enter my latest GIVEAWAY!