Hello and Happy Friday AND April! This year is just flying by! I know I keep saying that, but I can not help it! Ha. It is already month 4, and so much more to do this year!
Anywhoo, onto today’s fun recipe! This week we had the challenge of making something that reminds us of Spring!! I have to say that I am really glad we had this theme, and it worked out pretty well! As always, I am linking up with Farrah from Fairyburger, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING!
When I think spring, I think of something light. I have been a fan of chicken lettuce wraps for a while now. I have attempted a few different recipes over the last few months but have yet to make one that I really liked tons and that the Hubs also gave thumbs up on.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken
1 lb organic chicken, cut into small pieces
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 TBS teriyaki sauce
2 TBS peach harvest hatch pepper sauce (You can also use a sweet chili sauce)
1 TBS honey
1 cup peppers chopped up
1 TBS coconut oil
Large lettuce leaves, washed and dried
1. Mix everything except chicken and peppers.
2. Place chicken in the mixture and marinate for 20 min. (Can marinate longer, but that was all the time I had.)
3. Warm coconut oil. Saute peppers. Add chicken mixture. Cook thoroughly.
4. Scoop chicken into lettuce leaves, wrap and enjoy!
Oh, and the Hubs LOVED them! 🙂
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Add YOUR own recipe to the link up! ( Also fee free to use the logo above on your blog!)
Tune in next week for recipe makeovers!!