Another week has passed us by. It has been a challenging week here in Houston with all the rain, flooding, and sadly the missing people. My heart has just been breaking for a few families who have lost multiple members. 😦 It has just been a reminder to keep telling the ones you love that you love them.
Onto a bit of a happier note. It is Foodie Friday again, and this week our theme was bananas! Well bananas are on of my most favorite foods! I could eat them all day and be a happy girl! As a nanny I strive to provide nutritious meals to the kids I am watching. The kids LOVE to cook/bake with me. The other morning they wanted some blueberry pancakes! Well, we happened to have the ingredients and so we went to town! I have to say that these are some of the BEST pancakes I have ever made! They were fluffy on the inside and a little crispy on the outside. Add in fresh blueberries and they were AMAZING!
Banana & Blueberry Pancakes
1 mashed banana
1 cup almond milk
1 egg, beaten
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 TBS coconut oil
1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
2 TBS coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 container fresh blueberries, washed and dried
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top if desired
1. Mix wet ingredients together into the mashed banana
2. Mix dry ingredients together
3. Slowly mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then add blueberries
4. Heat frying pan, place a pat of butter on it
5. Pour about 1/8-1/4 c of batter onto the pan (most likely more than one will fit at a time.) Sprinkle on cinnamon if desired
6. When pancakes are bubbly and a little firm on the edges, flip them. Cook another 1-3 min until firm.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Add YOUR own recipe to the link up! (Also fee free to use the logo above on your blog!)
Tune in next week for some dairy-free recipes!!