An apple a day keeps the dr away…or so the saying goes. I am happy to say I am back to Foodie Friday! I took the past month off due to the my trip to Africa. It feels good to be back to cooking and experimenting in the kitchen 🙂
I ’m linking up again with my favorite Foodie Friday ladies to share amazing recipes with y’all!
This weeks theme is Apples!
- 1 1/2 stick of melted butter plus a little to grease the baking dish
- 5-6 cored and sliced apples
- 1 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup cooked/cooled original Freekeh
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 TBS vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 375*
- Grease a 9 x 13 glass pan
- Lay all apple slices in the pan
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Mix vanilla and melted butter together. Add to dry ingredients.
- Add mixed ingredients on top of the apples
- Bake for 35-45 min
- Enjoy (with the ice cream is always a nice idea…)
Have a healthy and happy day!
Ps. More to come next week about Freekeh and your chance to win some awesome Freekeh prizes!