Happy Friday y’all! I am thankful it was a bit of a short week although it really threw me off a little on Tuesday and Wednesday!
But I am excited it is Friday! And a Foodie Friday with a new co-host! I am thrilled that Jess from Hello to Fit is joining the link-up! Welcome Jess! We are so glad you are here!
I am linking up with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit!! Our theme this week is Savory Breakfast!
As I thought about this theme an idea I saw a few weeks ago on Pinterest came to mind. Tater-tot waffles. I was a little nervous to try it, but you will see, then ended up turning out pretty well – WIN!
Tater-tot Veggie Hash!
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped spinach (I used frozen, but fresh would work also)
- 1 cup semi thawed tator-tots
- 2 links chicken sausage
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- pinch of shredded cheese if desired (I used Horizon organic mozzarella
- Place 1/2 TBS coconut oil in a pan and saute the veggies and chicken sausage together.
- Heat waffle iron
- Mix remaining coconut oil with the tater-tots, place in the waffle iron.
- Cook tater-tots 3-5 min till they are golden brown
- Place waffle on a plate. Sprinkle cheese on if desired
- Add veggies and chicken on top of the waffle (this can def feed 2 people!!)
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Add YOUR own recipe to the link up!
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away!
- Please only link up recipe posts!
My Freekeh giveaway ends today (9/11). You can enter here!