Today’s post is taking a different direction. I am participating in a fabulous Bog Hop this week and next so I am taking a little time out side of my normal blog schedule to share a bit about myself with some awesome new readers and fellow bloggers! Even if you are a regular reader, you might learn something about me today! If you are new, WELCOME! I am so thrilled to have you here 🙂
A BIG thank you again to Kristy at Runaway Bridal Planner for organizing such a great event!
I recently turned 34(!!). So here are 34 facts about me that have helped to grow and shape me into the person I am today
- I have been married to the Hubs for almost 4.5 years!
- I am a child of God
- I have lived in 14 states! It helped me develop a love for geography.
- I have worked with kids (teaching, nannying, tutoring, babysitting, church) for the past 25 years!
- I love to travel! My favorite places on earth (so far) are Costa Rica and Ethiopia!
- Fall is my favorite season (although fall in the south is a tad different than it was up north).
- My original life goals were to be a pediatrician and/or a professional volleyball player.
- I have my Master’s degree in teaching.
- My favorite color is purple!
- My high school was bigger than my college! I also was blessed to attend high school and college with my friend who I have known for almost my whole life!
- In 2014 I ran 33.5 races.
- I love to cook (ahem, experiment) in the kitchen.
- I love cupcakes!
- I love music. I had my first singing solo in church when I was six. I also played the trumpet from 4th-12th grade.
- I love to clean and organize.
- I was interviewed on Anderson Cooper’s day time show.
- I love tea! I only drink coffee once in a while, but it has to be certain brands from Costa Rica or Ethiopia.
- I have a slight obsession with Very Bradley products!
- I love to read!
- I am a visual person. I have to have write everything down in my planner…or it just might not happen!
- I love learning more about and making my own natural cleaning and household products!
- My favorite number is 21.
- I love to work out! One of my favorite things is to lift weights! And lots of them! ( I write more about my workouts and training on Wednesdays)
- I love the beach! I can always find peace there!
- I really like pillows! And sleep (when I can get it)
- Sunrises, sunsets and flowers add joy to my days!
- I am a HUGE fan of Christmas!
- Elephants & zebras are my fav animal, but zebra print is easier to find than elephant print 😉
- I love to paint and do cute art projects!
- I overcame a 20+ year battle with an eating disorder! Thankful to God daily for new life!
- My theme for this year!
- I love to bargain shop! Big deals give me a rush! This is my best bargain to date! I paid $27 out of pocket for this gem! And it’s purple of course 🙂
- I love animals, especially dogs!
- And of course, I love chocolate!
And there you have it! Well, a few facts about me 🙂 I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about who is behind the blog here at Chocolate Runner girl! I look forward to getting to know y’all better too!