It is Wednesday! Yay! That means it is almost the weekend! Lately my weekends have been pretty busy, so I have been doing a bit of food prep during the week. My experiments in the kitchen lately have been turning out pretty delicious!
One of my favorite peanut butter brands, Peanut Butter & Co just launched a new item, powdered peanut butter! Thanks to my awesome partnership with FIt Approach & Sweat Pink, I was sent some MightyNut to review!
As always, I am thankful for the opportunity to review items and receive compensation for my work. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own!
I am sure you have seen other powdered peanut butters out on the market. I have seen and used different ones so I knew I was already a fan of them. Getting to try Mighty Nut was a really great experience. Not only was the flavor great in the 2 choices I tried, but it forced me out of my comfort zone to get creative with the product!
Mighty nut comes in 4 awesome flavors!
I chose to try the original and the flax & chia flavors! I love that it came with a little scoop!
Coming up with a recipe was my next challenge! I made a super simple one for a quick on the go drink or post-workout drink.
Mighty Nut peanut butter & vanilla shake
- 1 scoop of the chia & flax Mighty Nut
- 1 scoop your choice vanilla protein poweder (I used Young living vanilla spice)
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk.
I also wanted to experiment with the original Mighty Nut! Oh it was fun! The Hubs was really happy to be my test taster over the last 2 weeks! He especially enjoyed the peanut butter cakes that I made with a recipe from A Whisk and Two Wands!
This recipe was inspired by my love for Thai food but wanting to make my own meals at home vs always getting take out!
Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps!
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup tamari (can use soy sauce too)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 TBS sesame oil for cooking
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce (or another lettuce of your choice)
Peanut sauce (you might need to play around with the ingredients till you find the right taste for you. This ended up with the peanut taste and a little tangy and sweet at the same time)
- 3-3 1/2 TBS powdered peanut butter
- 4 TBS sesame oil
- 4 TBS tamari
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Place the chicken in the marinade for at least 30 min in the fridge.
- Mix the peanut sauce together while the chicken marinades.
- Add sesame oil to frying pan and add in the chicken
- Cook the chicken for about 10-12 min till it is no longer pink on the inside (I take the largest chunk and cut it in half to test)
- Once chicken is fully cooked, place it in a food processor or blender. Pulse it until the chicken is shredded.
- Cook the red pepper in 1 tsp of the finished peanut sauce.
- Add all ingredients to a lettuce wrap, garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
I also took the leftovers and made a salad! SO good either way!
And now an even more fun part, YOU can win a jar of Mighty Nut along with the adorable scooper!! Click below to enter!!! Contest will end on Sunday, November 1 at midnight EST!
- U.S. only
- One prize per person. If your winner has already won through another SPA’s giveaway, we will ask you to select another winner. We suggest including this disclosure in your post:
One prize per person. If you win this giveaway, and have already won another prize from Mighty Nut through another blog, please disclose that you have already won so we can choose another winner.
Have a healthy and happy day!