Happy Friday Y’all!
Man, another week has flown by! It has been filled with workouts, fun with an awesome blog hop I am participating in, and some fun in the kitchen!
The weather has been AMAZING this week and I am so thankful after all the rain we received from hurricane Patricia! It actually dropped below 70 degrees a few mornings and I was even able to wear my Uggs! Hehe
Anywhoo, this week I am linking up once again with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit!! Our theme this week is cauliflower!
I have this random side story: So when I was growing up Cabbage Patch dolls were all the rage. I really wanted one but it was not in the budget for my parents with 4 little kids and my dad going to school. I really don’t know where it came from, but that Christmas I got a Cauliflower Kid! It came in a big green plastic leafy container. I remember using the container to store my other doll clothes. Maybe that sparked in me a love for cauliflower! I still have my doll but it is in storage, but I was able to find a pic online!
I feel like cauliflower gets a bit of a bad rep. It isn’t really super pretty, and it for sure has no color (other than the leaves). Several weeks ago I was talking to a friend about how much I love cauliflower (I was that weird kid at birthday parties who actually ate the raw veggies…Ha) and all the awesome stuff you can do with it. I did a little more research and found out some cool stuff about cauliflower!
- Fights against cancer
- Helps heart health
- It is anti-inflammatory
- Has many vitamins and minerals
- Helps brain health
- Great source of fiber
- Full of antioxidants and phytonutrients
You can read more details about all of those fun facts here!
So as you can see, I have no problem devouring cauliflower when I can! I have made it into pizza crust, used it like rice, had it raw, and my 2 favorite ways I am going to share with you today!
- Whole cauliflower, cored and chopped into bite size pieces
- about 1/2 cup olive or coconut oil
- Pepper, paprika, garlic, Himalayan salt, garlic
- 1/2 TBS butter
- 1/8 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425* F
- Cover the bottom of a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Place chopped cauliflower on the pan.
- Lightly sprinkle on spices
- Even mix the oil and spices on the cauliflower with your hands.
- Roast for 20-25 min.
- Let roasted cauliflower cool slightly.
- Add cauliflower to a food processor.
- Pulse till cauliflower is mashed well.
- Add butter and chicken broth for taste and thickness.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my Mighty Nut giveaway that ends on Sunday!