Hello y’all and happy Friday! Is it really November? Because I think Houston missed the memo! It has been warm and muggy here all week! Yesterday it was 88* F! It is supposed to be a smidge cooler over the next 10 days…and by that I mean in the 70s, and possibly the upper 60s! Not that I am complaining, I am a warm weather girl…but I would like to wear some of my new long sleeved workout gear and not be a sweaty hot mess!
Since the weather wants to pretend it isn’t fall, I have been making up for that in the kitchen! I know many people go CRAZY over the pumpkin spice lattes and other fall-like drinks, but I would rather eat my pumpkin products! (Although, if you offer me a pumpkin chai latte I won’t say no 😉 )
So I have been doing some experimenting and trying to be better about using up leftovers and all the produce I seem to bring home from the grocery store lately. I happened upon some cool pumpkin chips and I was totally inspired by our theme this week to make them into a yummy meal!
I am linking up once again with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit!! Our theme this week is nachos!
I have to admit when I think of nachos (I am imagining the round chips and cheese sauce that you find at the movies or a sporting event) I am not thinking healthy at all! But this recipe changed my mind!
Pumpkin Veggie Nachos
- Handful of Pumpkin chips
- Roasted veggies (red peppers, eggplant, zucchini, squash are a few I used, but get creative)
- Goat cheese, shredded
- Guacamole or plain avocado
- Plain yogurt
- Place handful of chips on a plate.
- Scoop roasted veggies onto the chips.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Add guacamole and/or plain yogurt.
I loved them so much I had them for a few different meals!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂