Hello lovely friends, it is Friday again! And it is officially my last weekend at home till January! Talk about a fun but crazy end to the year! I am super excited to have some fabulous company this weekend! And I just might be making some of this sweet recipe for us to eat!
It is that time of the week where I link up with a few of my favorite foodies! Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit!! Our theme this week is veggie surplus!
I don’t think I even have an issue running out of veggies! But having too many that start to go bad is something I have had happen way to many times. I need to find a better balance with my produce purchases! I don’t think the strange weather has been helping my purchasing issues. Ha
Since I had SO many extra veggies this week, I wanted to make something that used up as many as possible at one time! Enter the good old standby of pad thai!
Pad Thai with chicken and veggies
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large orange pepper
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into small peices
- 1 cup raw broccoli slaw
- 2-4 TBS coconut oil
- Tamari to taste
- Brown rice noodes
- Put 1-2 TBS oil in a large pan, add the chicken and cook till it is no longer pink in the middle. Add Tamari to taste.
- In a seperate pan, cook all the veggies the same as the chicken.
- Cook the noodles as directed on the box. Add some coconut oil and tamari when they are finished.
- Once everything is cooked, mix it all together and enjoy!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂