Hello all! I hope you are enjoying some leftovers from Thanksgiving. I def enjoyed some extra dessert last night 🙂
Today it is another Foodie Friday! I am linking up once again with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit!! Our theme this week is kitchen contraptions!
I am a lover of kitchen appliances and contraptions! I love to cook but most days I don’t have time to spend hours cooking one meal, so enter my favorite kitchen contraption! My Cuisinart Food Processor! (Not an affiliate link, just the one I have)
I have to admit that for the longest time I was scared to make my own pesto! I don’t know why I had it in my head that it was super complicated or hard to make! A few weeks ago my nanny twins were asking me to make pesto, so I bit the bullet and made some. And of course it took less than 10 min to make, and it was amazing!
Pesto Zucchini & Chicken
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts, flattened
- 2 zucchinis, sliced length wise
- 1-2 roma tomatoes (optional)
- 2 bunches of fresh basil leaves
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375*
- Place basil, garlic, pine nuts and cheese in the food processor. Pulse till mixed well.
- Add the olive oil till it reaches a nice thick consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet.
- Cover each piece of chicken with a generous spoonful of pesto.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until the chicken is fully cooked with no pink on the inside.
- Place the zucchini in a baking dish. Cover with pesto and tomatoes.
- Bake for 20 min or until zucchini is soft. (longer for thicker pieces)
- Serve and enjoy!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
Have a super healthy and joy-filled day!