Hello y’all. It has been a rough week, well actually a rough few weeks. But I have to keep pushing along. I have not done the best job of really taking care of myself the past few weeks. Our vacation has come at the perfect time. After today I am unplugging for the next week or so to take care of my heart. I also want to say thank you to everyone who has been sending kind messages and prayers! They are appreciated more than you know!
Onto a quick Foodie Friday link up and then I will see y’all when we return from Costa Rica.
I am linking up once again with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit!! Our theme this week is favorite snacks!
For as long as I can remember, I have loved popcorn. I normally am plane Jane when it comes to popcorn though. A little butter or coconut oil and some Himalayan salt and I am good to go! I sometimes branch out and add a little parmesan or cinnamon. I know, living on the wild side 😉
Over Thanksgiving break when I was visiting a sweet friend in Austin, we picked up some popcorn at the store that had chocolate with it. Oh my goodness it was awesome! So of course I had to try and make some of my own.
Sweet and Salty Popcorn
- 3 TBS organic popcorn
- 1 TBS organic coconut oil
- 2/3-1 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- Himalayan salt
- Pop corn according to directions on bottle. (I used a popcorn maker, but you can also make it on the stove.)
- Spread popped corn on a baking sheet
- Melt chocolate chips. Mix in the oil.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the popcorn.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on the popcorn.
- Sprinkle Himalayan salt on the popcorn.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer.
(Note: Since there are no preservatives in this recipe, it is best to store it in the fridge. It is a bit messy when you eat it, but so yummy!)
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂 (if your post fits the theme, even better)
Keep on sending in suggestions for themes for 2016!