Happy Friday Friends!
I am happy to say I am back to my Foodie Friday posts! It has been a few weeks as I dealt with life, the death of a dear friend, traveling and the holidays! Thanks for sticking it out!
Our theme this week is pizza! I know it is a common food that so many people love. Since I began eating gluten free, I have not enjoyed pizza the same way that I used to. There are a few restaurants that offer gluten free crust, so I am still able to enjoy it once in a while, but once I discovered Bob’s Red Mill gluten free crust mix, I was sold!
Gluten Free Pizza
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free pizza mix (I get the best price from Thrive Market)
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- Warm water
- Yeast packet (included with the mix)
- 1 can of roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup Gouda goat cheese, grated (or any other kind of cheese you like.)
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- Other roasted veggies, chicken or really any topping you can think of
- 1 clove of garlic
- Spices (basil, bay leaf, parsley, oregano, Himalayan salt, pepper, garlic, cane sugar)
- Preheat oven to 425°F, grease two small pizza pans or one large pizza pan.
- Follow the crust directions and prep the crust. It will need 20 min to rise, so prep the sauce and toppings in that time.
- Puree the tomatoes & garlic in a food processor or blender. Simmer on the stove with the spices (to taste) for about 10-15 min.
- While sauce simmers, lightly saute the red pepper, spinach and any additional toppings for about 3 min.
- Place dough on prepped pizza pan(s). Use wet hands and spread out dough to cover the pizza pan(s). Bake without topping for 7-9 minutes.
- Once crust is ready, spread sauce on the dough leaving 1/2 inch around the outer rim of the crust. Add the toppings/cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 min.
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some heritage appreciation themed recipes!
Be filled with joy and health