Hello friends! Apparently it IS Friday! I do not know where my mind has been this week, but yay for Friday! Today I am linking up with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit for a Kitchen Cleanse themed week!
A few weeks ago my local Kroger had organic beans on sale for 10/$10, so of course I stocked up! I might have stocked up a little too much since I had to store them some of the cans on the counter due to my pantry being totally full. Since I have still not been feeling 100%, I was in the mood for more soup. I didn’t have a lot of energy to make something that would take a long time, so I pondered what I could make. I saw the cans of black beans and I knew what I was going to do. Now, I have never made black bean soup before so I looked up a few recipes on Pinterest. Nothing really struck me as the right one, and especially since most of them had onions in them. So I looked in the fridge and pulled out a few things I thought might be good. And 25 min later I was enjoying delicious soup!
Black Bean Soup
- 2 cans of organic black beans, drained
- 1 red pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 2-3 strips of organic turkey bacon, cut into small pieces (optional)
- about 1 cup of organic chicken broth
- Spices (black pepper, paprika, garlic, etc) to taste
- 1/2 TBS avocado oil
- Heat oil in large skillet pan. Add the red peppers, bacon and spices. Cook till they are tender.
- Add drained beans to the peppers/bacon. Cook for 5-10 min.
- Add peppers, bacon and beans to a food processor or blender. Pulse for 1-2 min until a smoother consistency.
- Add in broth 1/4 c at a time till it is the thickness you desire. You can always add more broth if it is too thick.
- Pour back in the pan and cook for 3-5 min.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some Fiber Focused themed recipes!
Be filled with joy and health!