Happy Friday friends!
I am happy to report that my allergies are MUCH better! I am so very thankful! It was getting pretty frustrating that I was having such issues.
I am not always a fun of tons of rain (and I am sending prayers for all those who have been affected by flooding), but I am thankful the rain washed away the pollen!
Due to all the rain, I decided to pull out an old family recipe that comes from my German side. I am linking up with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit for an heirloom recipe themed week!
I was never a fan of peppers as a kid, and actually I did not even knew I like them (red, orange & yellow) till a few years ago. And since I discovered that, I can never get enough peppers in my life! I have tweaked the recipe my family used to make to a really simple version!
Gefüllte Paprika- Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large organic peppers (best with more of a flat bottom), top cut off and cored
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 2 8oz cans of organic plain tomato sauce
- Spices- Equal parts to taste- basil, rosemary, marjoram, thyme, himalayan salt, sage, oregano, black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Brown ground turkey with spices (and extra chopped red pepper if desired)
- Add sauce to the meat and simmer for 10 min
- Add in parmesan cheese
- Place peppers in a glass oven safe dish
- Scoop meat/sauce mixture into each pepper
- Bake for 30-40 min until bubbly and browning
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some regional themed recipes!
Be filled with joy and health!