Happy Friday friends! Whew, It has been a super busy week. Recovering from a packed spring break and getting ready for Easter has kept me going full steam ahead! My daily small naps have kept me going. Haha! The past week dinner has been a combo of smoothies and raw fruits and veggies 😉 When I saw what the theme was for this week, I got so excited! I love all breakfast foods, and this idea came to mind and I was so stoked to try it!
I am linking up with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit for our waffle themed week!
Basically this recipe mixes 3 of my favorite foods together! Eggs, waffles and quesadillas! It might sound a little strange, but I am telling you, it was FANTASTIC! So is it a waffledilla or a quesewaffle??
Breakfast Waffle Quesadilla!
- 4- spinach gluten free tortillas
- 6-7 eggs scrambled mixed with choice of filling
- Choice of other fillings (bacon, sausage, spinach, etc)
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded goat (or your choice) cheese
- Avocado, sliced and/or salsa (optional)
- coconut oil
- Heat waffle iron.
- Coat waffle iron with coconut oil.
- Place 1 tortilla in the waffle iron, add a layer of filling/cheese and place a second tortilla on top. Close waffle iron and cooked till tortillas are browned and a little crispy.
- Slice into 4 even pieces.
- Repeat steps 3-4.
- Enjoy with some avocado or salsa (if desired)
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some surprise themed recipes!
Be filled with joy and health!