Happy Friday my friends!
Today is April Fool’s day, and honestly I have never really been a big fan of the day. Most of the jokes I have experienced have not been that funny. So today I have something a little different for y’all today! A delicious recipe with a surprise ingredient that until this week I would have never thought to use in a recipe.
Thanks to my partnership with Fit Approach I have been able to try several different Manitoba Hemp Hearts. This time I received a few of their new Hemp Heart Bars to try! Can we say yes please!! I have been a fan of Manitoba Harvest products since I first tried them a few years ago! These bars are no exception! The bars come in 3 flavors: vanilla, chocolate and apple cinnamon. The bars contains 10 grams of plant-based protein and 10 grams of omegas. Sounds pretty good right? On top of that, they taste really great too! I was able to taste the chocolate and apple cinnamon one, but I am sure the vanilla one is equally yummy!
I enjoyed the chocolate one on a super busy day, and it kept me fueled up and going! The apple cinnamon one I used as my secret ingredient for the recipe I am sharing today! I really don’t know how I got the idea, because I have never thought about using a bar in a smoothie before, but it seemed to work well 🙂 It even came out tasting like a dessert, but with a healthy vibe to it 🙂
A little bonus from Manitoba Harvest! If you use discount code hhbarlaunch1015 from now till April 31, 2016, will get you 15% off!
They are also running a photo contest (oh yeah, fun fun) for your chance to win a free box of Hemp Heart Bars. Enter today for your chance to win this month!
Tag @manitobaharvest and use the hashtag #fuelledbyhemp to be automatically entered to WIN your favorite hemp food product each month. You may also be featured on our social steam below. Good luck! Please note – Our monthly draw is open to anyone submitting photos that is over the age of 18, residing in either Canada or the United States and that does not work for Manitoba Harvest (currently or previously). No purchase necessary.
Baked Apple Smoothie
- 3 organic apples, washed, peeled and cut into semi-this slices
- 2 TBS clarified butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 TBS organic brown sugar
- 1 baked apple
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla milk
- 1/2 apple cinnamon Hemp Heart bar
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- dollop of whipped cream (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350* & line a baking sheet with foil
- Place prepped apples in a large bowl
- Add in butter and spices
- Spread evenly on baking sheet
- Bake for 40ish min, or until apples are soft
- Enjoy in a smoothie (or in oatmeal or alone 😉 )
- Place apple and milk in blender and mix very well.
- Add in Hemp Heart bar and blend again very well.
- Mix in protein powder.
- Enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream and/or cinnamon sprinkled on top!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some ‘In Your State’ themed recipes!
Be filled with joy and health!