Hello friends! Happy Friday! The sun is finally out in full force after this week of rain and flooding! With all this rainy weather I had been craving some comfort food. I saw this recipe on pinterest and it sparked an idea in me. So I took some of the recipe but also modified to to add in some delicious roasted veggies!
Gluten Free Roasted Veggie & Bacon Quiche!
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish frozen pie shell
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp of each spice: garlic, black pepper, paprika, Himalayan
- 1 cup roasted veggies (I used broccoli, butternut squash & red pepper)
- 3 slices of turkey bacon, chopped into cubes
- 1½ cup shredded cheese (I used goat gouda)
- 1 TBS avocado oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425*
- Line a baking sheet with foil and enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place fresh/raw veggies & bacon on the pan and lightly cover them in oil and spices to taste.
- Cook for 15-20 min.
- Also pre-cook the pie shell for about 12 min while the veggies roast.
- While that roasts, mix together the eggs, cream, mayonnaise, and spices, set aside.
- Let the veggies/bacon cool then pulse lightly in a food processor until everything is in small pieces.
- Readjust the oven temp to 350*
- Fold the veggie/bacon mixture & 1 cup of cheese into the liquid mixture.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Cover the rim of the pie shell with aluminum foil or a pie shield.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil, if needed to prevent over browning.
- Allow to cool to warm before cutting.
This recipe is more complex than my normal recipes.
I actually doubled it and made some crust-less quiches in muffin tins. Perfect for breakfast on the go!
I would also recommend if you are going to make this to pre-roast the veggies and even prep everything the night before and then cook it closer to the time the meal due to its long prep time!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some Kitchen Cleanse themed recipes!
Be filled with health and joy!