Hello all! I am slowly getting back to blogging. My sweet friend Emily passed away 2 weeks ago and it really threw me for a loop. I miss her so much, but I am so glad she is no longer in pain and suffering from the cancer that had taken over parts of her body. She will live on in the legacy of her amazing husband and sweet kiddos.
On top of dealing with the grief of losing Emily, Houston (and other parts of TX) have been getting so much rain and the flooding has been terrible. Thankfully we have not had any issues at either of our houses, but not everyone has been as fortunate. I usually LOVE water, but I am at the point where I would be happy to not see rain for the rest of the summer! Sadly we have more and more of it in the forecast 😦
In the midst of the rainy weather I decided to get creative with some of the raw fruits and veggies I had laying around.
I am linking up with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit for our raw themed week!
Blackberry and Avocado salad
- 2 cups of lettuce (I prefer romaine and spinach)
- 1/4 cup cucumber, cut into cubes
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into cubes
- 1/2 grilled chicken, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tomato, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 TBS red pepper hummus
- Place lettuce on a large plate.
- Add fruits and veggies.
- Add avocado and/or hummus in place of a dressing.
- Enjoy and be refreshed!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some On-the-go snacks themed recipes!
Be filled with health and joy!