Hello friends! I feel like I fell off the face of the earth the past 2 weeks! We have been DEEP in house renovations. If you follow me in instagram, you have probably seen some of the updates! Here are a few of my favorite things about the new house so far!
We received our appliances last Friday afternoon, but I still don’t have a totally functioning kitchen. Thankfully I was able to use the kitchen at work to whip up a tasty recipe for you all!
I have to admit that as much as I love quinoa, I have never actually used quinoa flour before. I was a little nervous that it was going to make the cake a bit bitter, but it turned out really well! I adapted this recipe from one that a friend gave me.
Cranberry Quinoa Cake
- 2 c Quinoa Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup crasins (or any other dried fruit)
- 1 cup slightly chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4- 2 c applesauce
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- 1/2-3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 c softened grass fed butter
- Preheat oven to 375* and oil a 8 x 8 glass baking dish
- Place nuts and crasins in a med bowl and mix with 1/3 of the quinoa flour
- In a large bowl mix together the remaining quinoa flour, salt, cloves, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the nut/crasin mix and the applesauce to the large bowl, mix well
- Add in the egg, sugar and butter, mix well
- Pour mix into the glass baking dish
- Bake for 40-50 min, or until a fork comes out of the cake clean
Side note- these can also be made into muffins, but cook for less time. I have not experimented with the muffins yet so I don’t have an exact time for them!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some Berry themed recipes!
Be filled with health and joy!