Hello friends and happy Friday!
I am finally getting into the swing of the new routine with school and my new routines. It always seems to take a few weeks to get in the swing. Does that happen for anyone else?
After I made zoodles a few times last week, I needed a little bit of a break from zucchini! Plus, I have been craving some pumpkin dishes since it is September, so I raided my pantry to see what I had hanging out to use. I was thrilled to find some pumpkin puree and some quinoa shells!
Pumpkin & bacon quinoa shells
- 2 peppers
- 3-4 slices of chopped turkey bacon
- 1 Tbs avocado oil
- 1 Tbs ghee
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk
- 2-3 Laughing Cow cheese wedges
- Spices- to taste: Salt, pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes
- 2 boxes gluten free shell pasta
- Pre-heat oven to 425* F.
- Wash, core and chop peppers into quarter size chunks.
- Place chopped peppers and bacon on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 min.
- Prepare pasta per box directions while bacon and peppers roast, set aside in a large bowl.
- In a large frying pan melt ghee and add in garlic.
- As soon as garlic begins to brown, add in the pumpkin, coconut milk, cheese & spices. Whisk together well.
- Add roasted peppers and bacon to the pumpkin mixture, stir well.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the shells and mix well.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some Guacamole themed recipes!
Be filled with joy and health!