Happy happy first Friday of fall! It is officially my favorite season! Although the temperatures have been SO hot the past 2 weeks! It almost seems hotter than August!
Despite it still being hot outside, I am determined to lure in cooler temperatures with some yummy fall recipes! If you missed my new Pumpkin Pie smoothie, you can get the recipe here!
I also want to say a HUGE thank you to all the kind words of encouragement for my vulnerable post about some recent life events.
I went to Trader Joe’s the other day, and it was ALL THINGS PUMPKIN! I have to say that made my heart pretty happy. I had to restrain myself from buying everything with the word pumpkin! Haha But I did find something that inspired the recipe for today!
Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese Nachos
- Large handful of pumpkin chips (or your favorite tortilla chip)
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (I cheated a little and got some pre-chopped, but you can always buy a whole squash and peel and chop it yourself!
- 1 red pepper, washed, cored and chopped into 1 inch squares
- Goat cheese, shredded- As much as desired
- 1 avocado any any other desired nacho toppings
- Spices- Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic
- Pre-heat oven to 425* F
- Place veggies on a lined baking sheet, cover with spices to taste
- Bake for 20-25 min
- Carefully remove the veggies into a bowl
- Turn oven onto broil
- Place a layer of chips on the baking sheet
- Scoop the veggies onto the chips
- Sprinkle on desired amount of cheese (you can also add a layer between the chips and veggies if desired
- Broil for 1-2 min, watching carefully
- Remove from the pan onto a plate
- Add avocado or other desired toppings
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some festive drink themed recipes!
I am also joining Jill‘s Living a Life of Fitness Health & Happiness link-up!
Be filled with joy and health!