Wild Workout Weight Loss

Hi there friends.
Whew, I have been contemplating writing a post like this for some time.  And to be honest, I am a bit nervous to say what I want to say.  And I hope it comes across in the way I want it to also!
A few weeks ago I wrote about an unfortunate experience I had with a doctor.  That experience along with many others over the past few years especially have made this topic more challenging for me to talk about.
Weight loss.  It is not an uncommon topic in the world, especially with healthy living bloggers.  I have read SO many inspiring stories about people finding a way to make changes in their life to lead to a healthier and happier self.  I have even shared inspirational stories here from real life friends and friends I have made on social media!

When I read stories or I am around others who have worked really hard and reached their goals, I am SO stinking proud of them and SO happy that they have made positive changes in their lives!
For years I would stare at myself in the mirror after dedicating myself to healthy eating and working out and wonder why my positive changes have not produced the same kind of results.  Doesn’t really seem fair does it?

Over the past few years I have been slowly learning to come to terms with my body and how for me it is not just going to be a formula of less intake and more energy out. I tortured myself for SO many years and no matter what I did, it never seemed to make much of a difference.  The only times I really lost any weight was done in SUPER unhealthy ways (I won’t even mention those ways because they were just painful).  When I went to treatment 8 years ago, I actually began to heal my relationship with food and my body.  It has been a LONG road, and I am still working on it, but I have come a LONG way!

{8 years ago when I was in a decent place before my thyroid went all whack on me}

I no longer look in the mirror and hate everything about myself.  There are things I actually like!  I have decided my goal is no longer to simply lose weight, but my goal is to fully love myself and have peace with my body, no matter where I am on my journey!
Yes, I am still making healthy eating choices, and I am still  that challenge my body to work hard and motivate change.

{Work in progress over the past 10 months}

I am also working with myself to heal my thyroid in a more natural way (and find a doctor who will actually work WITH me, not just throw meds at me).  For me, all the different medications I have tried didn’t improve anything, and actually caused MORE frustrations!  It is not an EASY process by any means, but I am 1000000% determined to do what I can for me!  That includes getting more sleep, continuing to drink more water, stay active, work on reducing the stress in my life (including removing certain relationships as needed), and continuing to feed myself whole, fresh foods!

I may not be where I want to be, but my new approach seems to be doing some good!
It is NOT about the numbers, but over the last 6 weeks I have been able to shrug off 26 lbs and 11 inches.  I will gently use numbers as a tool and guide that I am doing things that are beneficial for me!

To love me for me is my #1 goal!

I am linking up with Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama,  Michelle at Fruition Fitness, Nicole from Fitful Focus, and Jen from Pretty Little Grub! Come join the fun!
wildworkoutwednesday10912598_10152638558488785_954023868_nI am also joining Jill’s Living a Life of Fitness Health & Happiness Link up!

May you be filled with Joy and Health!
crgimg_9269

62 thoughts on “Wild Workout Weight Loss

1. Lauren Bailey

I’m so proud of you! You’re a positive example for so many of us that have struggled in the past and continue to work — every day — to do the healthiest things for ourselves! XXOO

2. Tricia@MissSippiPiddlin.com

This so makes me smile Esther! It did take a lot to put that our there and I’m so very glad you did. We can get so caught up in what society says we should look like and it is a so unfair. Congratulations not only on the weighloss but getting to that mental place where you are past the numbers. I think that is the important thing here! I do hope you can find that doctor that has passion for helping people beyond meds!

3. debolton

Oh man do I feel you and understand. I think your goals are amazing and can’t wait to see where the drive takes you. Also, would be curious to learn through you a natural way to combat thyroids. I wish you so much success and thank you for sharing!!

4. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets

This is awesome! Congratulations on your progress so far. Changing your mindset makes such a big difference. I think we could all love ourselves a little bit more…women especially can be so hard on ourselves!

5. awhiskandtwowands

Do what’s right for you and number one is loving yourself from the inside because that number on the scale is not what will make you happy if you don’t love yourself. So proud of you for doing what’s best for you and for losing the weight, not because of the number because it’s you working on the best version of you and in a healthy way.

6. Jenn @ Run with Sole

I am so happy to hear that you’re going to focus on loving yourself and finding peace. I think we can learn from you regarding how we feel and treat ourselves. We are our own worst enemies. If we all just took a little time to be nice to ourselves, the world would be a better place. GO YOU!

7. ilkasblog

This is such an honest post Esther. You are on the right path. Acknowledging your feelings and having the courage to express them are the first important steps into the right direction!

8. chrissystein

I love your goal. That should always be your number one goal! Don’t strive for perfection. Strive for progress and I’d say you’re doing awesome!

9. Abbey Sharp

Very honest and truthful post, thank you for sharing ❤ ❤ It's not just about weight when it comes to healthy living, it's about loving and accepting your body for what it is, and treating it with the care it deserves.

Firm believer in that beauty and self-worth comes from within too. You're doing great!!

10. fitfoodiemama

Aw Esther, I am so proud of you for keeping a healthy mindset despite how frustrating it might be. I truly hope you are able to find a doctor that will listen and work with you on a holistic approach but in the meantime, keep on doing what you’re doing because YOU ARE FAB! ❤

1. chocolaterunnergirl Post author

Thank you Annmarie! I sure hope I can find a good dr too! It’s been a long process so far with nothing good. But I’m not giving up!! Thanks for all your love and support always! ❤️

11. Julie @ Running in a Skirt

You are beautiful! Don’t let anyone let you think otherwise! I’m sure you can find the healthiest ways to achieve your goals too… but that doesn’t take away or add to who you are in any way… weight is just a number on a scale.

12. Shannon @GirlsGotSole

Way to go, working on you! That’s really what’s important. We need to love ourselves first. On the thyroid front, I too suffer from thyroid problems. I have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. It is definitely NOT fun. The exhaustion is a big struggle for me often.

13. Chrissa - Physical Kitchness

Oh hugs to you!!!! xoxo Self love girlfriend! PS have you heard of using maca powder for thyroid issues? I started taking for adrenal fatigue and I really think it’s made a difference. Not sure if there is a connection to thyroid but it might be worth a shot?!

14. Jill Conyers (@jillconyers)

Esther I love this “fully love myself and have peace with my body”. You will get there and when you do you’ll wonder why you ever looked at yourself any differently. I have hashimotos and while I’m still taking a medication, after I went gluten free my thyroid levels improved and the dose I needed was significantly reduced. I’ll take it!

Hugs xoxo

15. Kerri (@KerriOlkjer)

HUGS! Girl, I totally hear you and am right there with you. It’s a huge struggle for me. I workout, I eat well, nothing. BUT, I ditched the scale over a month ago and am focusing on just keeping consistent. Whatever happens. I’m happier!

16. Kayla @ Blondes Have More Run

I am so glad you decided to finally write this post! I think we can all benefit from reading this. It’s true that every body is different. ‘Of everyone can just follow some formula. Losing weight is much harder for some people than it is for others! if you are eating healthy and working out then I think you are perfectly healthy! Healthy isn’t just about your pants size!