Happy Friday friends!
Thank you all for your kind words regarding my health last week. Questions are still being answered and new doctors will be seen soon to pin down what exactly is going on, and I will share soon 🙂 Nothing life threatening is happening, just some issues being worked out.
In the kitchen the past week or so, I have been really into cauliflower. I did a little post last year about the benefits of cauliflower that I did not even realize.
A few benefits include:
- Fights against cancer
- Helps heart health
- It is anti-inflammatory
- Has many vitamins and minerals
- Helps brain health
- Great source of fiber
- Full of antioxidants and phytonutrients
I am back with another fun cauliflower recipe!
Today I am linking up with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit for a Pinterest Curiosity themed week!
I found this recipe on Pinterest this week, and decided to give it a try. I made a few modifications to cater to my liking 🙂
- 1 head organic raw cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- parchment paper
- marinara sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rice the cauliflower in a food processor or blender, make sure all the pieces are chopped into a very fine texture.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients (except 3/4 c cheese) together. Place the mixture onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread out till it is evenly spaced and about 1/4″ thick.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the remaining Mozzarella cheese and return to oven to continue baking for about 10 min, or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Cool about 10 minutes and cut into ‘breadsticks’.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some Kitchen Cleanse recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!