Happy Friday my friends!
It was a gorgeous week here in Texas! I know lots of the northeast is covered in snow and it reminds me I am happy I moved south 8 years ago. 😉 If you are in the snow, please be stay safe!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. One of my favorite treats growing up was a peanut butter cup. The more I learn about health and nutrition, I have come to terms with the idea of pretty much making things with ingredients I know my body will handle and love. I have toyed around with peanut butter cups in the past, but was never really happy with the outcome.
The other day I had this amazing little treat and it got my brain thinking to try and make my own version again! I have to say I am pretty pleased with how mine turned out 🙂
Chocolate Sunbutter Cups
Ingredients (makes 24)
- 3 cups Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup + 5 TBSP organic coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup sunbutter
- 5 TBSP raw honey
- 24 muffin papers
- Line 2 muffin pans with paper
- Melt chocolate chips and 1/2 c coconut oil in a double boiler (you can also use a microwave in 20-30 second intervals, stirring well each time)
- Add the vanilla to the chocolate mixture.
- Scoop 1 TBSP into each muffin paper, making sure the bottom is fully covered.
- Freeze for 10-15 min
- While the first layer sets, melt the sunbutter, remaining coconut oil and honey in the double boiler.
- Remove muffin pans from the freezer and add 1/2 TBSP over the first chocolate layer.
- Freeze for 5-7 min.
- Add 1 TBSP of remaining chocolate mixture to each cup.
- Freeze for 45-60 min.
- Enjoy! Store in the fridge or freezer.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some Free for all recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!