Happy Tuesday friends!
Hope you had a great weekend. Overall mine was a bit of a bust overall. I had some fun plans that were canceled due to allergies causing a nasty migraine. After that settled down I took things easy. I did manage to get into the kitchen and use my new bread maker and finally decided to try making my own almond milk. I saw a post from my blogger friend Emily on Friday and I decided to give it a try with a few tweaks! So thank you Emily for giving me the courage to try it out!
So I literally bought some cheesecloth over 4 years ago when I first wanted to try and make almond milk. I don’t really know why I didn’t make it then, but somewhere in my mind it was challenging to make. I was so wrong! So I gave it a try and I am happy to say it was super simple and it tastes SO good!!
- 2 cups raw organic almond- Soaked for at least 6 hours & rinsed off
- 6 Medjool dates- depitted and soaked for 15-20 min
- 6 cups of purified water
- Piece of cheesecloth or a nut milk bag
For each type of milk
- Chocolate- 1 3/4 TBS raw cacao powder
- Vanilla- 1 TBS pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon- 1/2-1 TBS organic cinnamon powder
- Place almonds, water & dates into a blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Strain mixture through the cheesecloth or nut bag into a large bowl.
- Rinse blender/lid
- Divide liquid into 3 equal parts
- Place 1 part of the liquid back into the blender and add the chocolate ingredients, blend well for about 1 minute.
- Pour the chocolate almond milk into a glass container
- Rinse blender.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for the vanilla and cinnamon milk
- Store milk in glass airtight containers for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Have a great day friends!