Jumping on real quick to share with you a fun activity I did today with my nanny kids. It was super simple and made some really gorgeous eggs!
I have seen a ton of these pics floating around so this is by no means my original idea, and I don’t know who came up with it, but whoever you are, I have to say thank you!
I saw someone else use shaving cream but I didn’t want to do that in case the kids ate it! And they did! Haha
- 1-2 dozen white eggs, hard boiled
- 1-2 containers cool whip, thawed
- Gel food coloring- the brighter the better
- White vinegar
- Place hard boiled eggs in a vinegar bath for about 5 min. Dry eggs off.
- Divide cool whip into containers depending on how many color combos you want to do.
- Squeeze 4-5 drops of each desired color into the cool whip. We did 2 colors per container and it worked out great.
- Swirl a butter knife or toothpick through the cool whip making the dye move around into tie-dye like streaks.
- Place 4-6 eggs in each container. Cover each egg with the cool whip.
- Let the eggs sit for 25 min or so.
- Give the eggs a bath in a bowl of clean water (change the water every 5 eggs or so).
- Gently dry and return to the egg carton.
Have fun! Let me know if you try it out 🙂
May you be filled with joy and health!