Hi Friends! Happy Friday!
Whew this week was a long one! Filled with some great adventures and not nearly enough sleep. I did get a 4 hour nap on Easter Sunday, and I wasn’t too sad about that!
This week I had to get my computer fixed (battery died) and they get a new charger cord too! I was really happy to find an Apple cord for $25 vs $80!
Some sort of insect bit my ring finger and it swelled so much I thought I might have to get my rings cut off! I was FINALLY able to get my rings off yesterday, and it is beginning to heal but I am not putting my rings back on till it is 100%! Man my hand feels naked!
I have been working on perfecting a new blueberry pancake recipe! My little guinea pigs have been eating them happily! I even managed to make one look like a bunny! I def need to tweak a few things and get some much better pics! LOL
Did anyone else get to watch the Boston marathon documentary?? Wow, so so good! The Hubs and I went to see it for a mini date night. We were both laughing and crying the entire time. It was so well put together! What an incredible night it was!
No onto this weeks recipe! I enjoy cooking for my lovely nanny family, friends & family and I love getting to try out new recipes! I always poke around Pinterest and get new ideas. I hardly follow the recipes to the T, cause I like to change up some of the ingredients or use things that I am not allergic too. I have been so into zucchini lately. Making zucchini lasagna, zoodles, zucchini taco boats, zucchini pizza and the old standby, roasted zucchini.
I have seen pics for a few recipes for zucchini roll ups, and I have yet to get them to work right. I took a few different recipe ideas and turned them into my own creation 🙂
Today for Foodie Friday I am linking up today with Farrah from Fairyburger (Big birthday girl!!!!) and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for Pinterest interest themed week!
I have to say this did not photograph very well. It was hard to see all the amazing layers of flavor!
- 4 med sized zucchini
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 lbs organic boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 med can enchilada sauce
- 1 med can green chilies
- 2 cups grated Monterrey jack cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350* and lightly grease a med size baking dish (I used 9×7)
- Wash and remove ends of zucchini. Slice each zucchini into thin slices. Place them on a baking sheet and lightly salt both sides of each slice. Set aside for about 20 min.
- Cut chicken into large chunks. Fill a large saucepan with water & 1 tsp salt and add chicken. Bring water to a boil and cook chicken for 7-10 min or until fully cooked with no pink in the middle. (Time will change depending on the size and thickness of each piece of chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked place it in a blender or food processor and gently pulse to shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the sauce pan. Add about 1/2 can of enchilada sauce and the chilies to the chicken, mix well.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with some of the enchilada sauce.
- Layer the zucchini over the sauce then add a layer of the chicken mixture. Lightly sprinkle a handful of cheese over the chicken. Continue layering until all ingredients are used (about 3 layers).
- After the last layer pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top and add the renaming cheese on top of that.
- Bake for 25-40 min, depending on the thickness of the zucchini. It is finished when a knife slices smoothly through all the layers of the lasagna.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some kitchen cleanse recipes.