Hello friends and happy Friday!
What a week it has been. Many challenging things happened this week, the main one, my car needed fixed! It was making a weird noise so my loving hubs took it in for me. The mechanic was shocked my car was running! Apparently the pulley system was a complete disaster! What it is supposed to look like, vs one of the parts that was in my car! Eeek! Literally the grace of God keeping me safe while driving!
Onto better things! Today is a fun day in the foodie world! I have already seen so many amazing recipes floating around from my food blogger friends! So much in fact I could be making these meals for weeks!
Living in Texas the past 8+ years I have come to love me some Tex-Mex. With my food allergies it can make it more challenging to eat out (hello onions in EVERYTHING). I have come to make some awesome things over the years and I hardly even want to eat out anymore to get my fix!
Since I joined a CSA a few weeks ago, I wanted to use the ingredients from my basket this week to turn into something that could fit in the Tex-Mex world. After some tweaking, I made a yummy meal. It was not super pretty, but the flavor was great!
Today I am linking up today with Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for Tex-Mex themed week!
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked and separated from the shell
- 1 lb ground turkey (100% optional)
- 1 small can green chilies
- 6 tomatillos, roasted
- 3 avocados + 1 for garnish
- 1 lime plus more for garnish if desired
- garlic, pink salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- I pre-roasted the tomatillos and squash in the oven at 350 for about 35 min.
- Brown the ground turkey in a med frying pan. Once fully cooked add spices to taste and the can of green chilies
- In a blender add the tomatillos, avocado, spices to taste, and juice from 1 lime, blend well!
- Gently mix the squash, turkey and enough of the green sauce for your liking.
- Garnish with more avocado and lime/lime juice
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some Seasonal find recipes.